Fresh leafy green! Nutritional superhouse. Can be used in smoothies, juices, pies, sauteed, poached in broth, soup or in salad.
- Baby Spinach is an excellent source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Folate, Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, and Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In Fridge
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- B2 (Riboflavin) your body needs it to help break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. It also helps your body use oxygen.
- Vitamin B6 is found naturally in many foods. Your body needs vitamin B6 to help support more than 100 enzyme reactions involved in metabolism. It is also essential in brain development during pregnancy and infancy as well as immune function.
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
Vitamin K makes proteins for healthy bones and tissues and blood clotting.
- Folate is a B vitamin (These vitamins help the process your body uses to get or make energy from the food you eat). Folate helps your body make new cells and regenerate. It is essential for everyone but very important for pregnant women.
- Iron is a mineral that is naturally present in many foods. It is an essential component of hemoglobin, a protein that transfers oxygen from the lungs to the tissues. Iron is necessary for growth, development, normal cellular functioning, and synthesis of some hormones and connective tissue
- Calcium is essential for building and maintaining bone. Almost 99% of the body's calcium is found in the bones.
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- Magnesium can help regulate muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure. It is also essential for making protein, bone, and DNA.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- Raw As Is
- Juiced /Smoothies
- Stir Fry