Pears start making their appearance in Autumn and winter! Just in time for warm stewed fruits, apple and pear desserts/muffins. They are also delicious as a snack just as they are.
- Pears are a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Manganese, Magnesium, and Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In a dry place
- Will Ripen at Room Temp
- Store in Fridge for extended storage time.
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin K makes proteins for healthy bones and tissues and blood clotting.
- Manganese is an essential nutrient for your body to function! It helps process cholesterol, carbohydrates, protein and may also be involved in bone formation.
- Magnesium can help regulate muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure. It is also essential for making protein, bone, and DNA.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- Raw as is
- In Salads