Fresh, Zingy and Delicious! Limes are a wonderful addition to Juices, Teas, Cocktails /Mocktails. They are also fantastic for marinating, making spicy chicken, added to dressings. They can be squeezed over rice dishes, fish dishes, stir-fried greens, in your broths, soups - anything to add that special Zing. They can be baked, added to deserts (lime curds, pie, cheesecake), Salads - the list goes on!
- Limes are a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Calcium, Potassium, Iron, Copper, and Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In the Fridge
- Can be Frozen
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- Vitamin K makes proteins for healthy bones and tissues and blood clotting.
- Calcium is essential for building and maintaining bone. Almost 99% of the body's calcium is found in the bones.
- Iron is a mineral that is naturally present in many foods. It is an essential component of hemoglobin, a protein that transfers oxygen from the lungs to the tissues. Iron is necessary for growth, development, normal cellular functioning, and synthesis of some hormones and connective tissue
- Copper works with iron to help the body form red blood cells. It also helps keep the blood vessels, nerves, immune system, and bones healthy. Copper also aids in iron absorption.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- Raw - in juices, teas, cocktails, mocktails...
- In Marinades
- Over Fish, in Broths / Soups
- in Desserts