you either love or hate it - it can be very acidic to eat raw but if you love it then its a great start to have half a grapefruit with your main brekky in the morning. If you're not so sure about eating it raw then treat it like the other citruses and used it as part of a dish like a salad or a side to some meat dishes to lighten up and bring its unique freshness...
- Grapefruit is a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Potassium, Magnesium, and is a good source of Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In Dry Place (in the fridge when cut)
- Can be Frozen
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- Magnesium can help regulate muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure. It is also essential for making protein, bone, and DNA.
Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.