Fennel Bulb (Organic)
Fennel has a unique aniseed flavour and is a beautiful ingredient to include in your meals. We love it sliced and roasted, in raw fennel and orange salads. We use the leaves in pickles or sauerkraut, or as a garnish to salads. Fennel is also amazing slowly cooked or braised with meats like pork.
- Fennel is a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Manganese and is a good source of Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In Fridge
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Iron is a mineral that is naturally present in many foods. It is an essential component of hemoglobin, a protein that transfers oxygen from the lungs to the tissues. Iron is necessary for growth, development, normal cellular functioning, and synthesis of some hormones and connective tissue
- Manganese is an essential nutrient for your body to function! It helps process cholesterol, carbohydrates, protein and may also be involved in bone formation.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.