Sliced, crumbed and grilled, parmigiana, grilled, roasted, in curries and warm salads, baba ganoush, as the main ingredient for moussaka. Eggplant/aubergine is an amazingly versatile vegetable that soaks up flavours and provides amazing texture to your meals!
- Eggplant is a good source of Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Manganese, and Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In Fridge
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- B1 (Thiamin) helps the body generate energy from nutrients. It is also necessary for the growth, development, and function of cells.
- Vitamin B6 is found naturally in many foods. Your body needs vitamin B6 to help support more than 100 enzyme reactions involved in metabolism. It is also essential in brain development during pregnancy and infancy as well as immune function.
- Vitamin K makes proteins for healthy bones and tissues and blood clotting.
- Manganese is an essential nutrient for your body to function! It helps process cholesterol, carbohydrates, protein and may also be involved in bone formation.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- In dips (baba ganoush)
- In stews
- In stir fry
- Warm Salad / Quina bowls