Lettuce (Organic Cos)
Contrary to popular belief some lettuces do have nutritional value and cos/romaine lettuce is one of the better ones to include in your diet because of its darker leaves.
- Cos lettuce is a source of Vitamin K, A, Folate, Manganese, Potassium, B1 and Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In the Fridge
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Vitamin K makes proteins for healthy bones and tissues and blood clotting.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- Folate is a B vitamin (These vitamins help the process your body uses to get or make energy from the food you eat). Folate helps your body make new cells and regenerate. It is essential for everyone but very important for pregnant women.
- Manganese is an essential nutrient for your body to function! It helps process cholesterol, carbohydrates, protein and may also be involved in bone formation.
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- B1 (Thiamin) helps the body generate energy from nutrients. It is also necessary for the growth, development, and function of cells.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- Raw in Salad
- As Wraps/ Boats for San Choy Bow