Carrots (Organic 0range)
An Aussie staple! Carrots are so versatile, sweet crunchy and delicious. They are great raw and cooked. You can't go wrong. Even better don't peel these organic carrots as there is nothing but goodness to be had in every mouthful!
- Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene. They are also a good source of several B-vitamins, vitamin K, and potassium.
- Best Stored: In Fridge
- Can be frozen
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- Beta Carotene is an antioxidant that converts to vitamin A and plays a very important role in health. It‰ۡóÁÌ_åÈs responsible for the red, yellow, and orange coloration of some fruits and veggies.
- Biotin is of the B-vitamins, formerly known as vitamin H. It plays an important role in fat and protein metabolism
- Vitamin K makes proteins for healthy bones and tissues and blood clotting.
- Vitamin B6 is found naturally in many foods. Your body needs vitamin B6 to help support more than 100 enzyme reactions involved in metabolism. It is also essential in brain development during pregnancy and infancy as well as immune function.
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin E is a fat-soluble nutrient. It acts as an antioxidant, helping to protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals. Your body also needs vitamin E to boost its immune system so that it can fight off invading bacteria and viruses. It helps to widen blood vessels and keep blood from clotting within them.
- Folate is a B vitamin (These vitamins help the process your body uses to get or make energy from the food you eat). Folate helps your body make new cells and regenerate. It is essential for everyone but very important for pregnant women.
- Magnesium can help regulate muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure. It is also essential for making protein, bone, and DNA
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
How to Eat!