Mushrooms (Organic Crimini / Swiss Browns)
Hearty, comforting mushrooms! Mushrooms are awesome raw, in salads, fried in ghee/butter with garlic and fresh herbs as a side to a big brekky or on freshly baked sourdough. They are wonderful for all kinds of savory dishes including sheppards pie, stews, casseroles and soups.
- Mushrooms are a good source of Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (Niacin) Potassium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Selenium and Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In the Fridge
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- B2 (Riboflavin) your body needs it to help break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. It also helps your body use oxygen.
- B3 (Niacin) is a B vitamin that's made and used by your body to turn food into energy. It helps keep your nervous system, digestive system and skin healthy.
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- Phosphorus is needed for the formation of bones and teeth. It plays an important role in how the body uses carbohydrates and fats. It is also needed for the body to make protein for the growth, maintenance, and repair of cells and tissues.
- Zinc is a nutrient found throughout your body, helps your immune system and metabolism function. Zinc is also important to wound healing and your sense of taste and smell.
- Selenium is an important mineral, for many of the bodies functions, including reproduction and fighting infection
Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- Raw / as is
- Stir Fried
- Soups, casseroles, and stews
- With eggs
- In Salads