Garlic - the KING of vegetables! Garlic is renowned for its medicinal properties. It is a staple in our household and used in EVERY savory dish. We love it roasted with veggies, as a base for every savory dish including spag bowl, sheppards pie, stir-fries, curries, soups, pasta's, tomato sauces for pizza etc, roasted lemony potatoes. We love mincing and adding to grilled zucchini, making pestos the list goes on!
- Garlic is a good source of Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Zinc, Sulfur compounds and is a good source of Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In Fridge
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin B6 is found naturally in many foods. Your body needs vitamin B6 to help support more than 100 enzyme reactions involved in metabolism. It is also essential in brain development during pregnancy and infancy as well as immune function.
- Zinc is a nutrient found throughout your body, helps your immune system and metabolism function. Zinc is also important to wound healing and your sense of taste and smell.
- Sulfur is a mineral vital to your health, it helps resist bacteria and protects against toxic substances. It may have the potential to prevent and treat disease. Sulfur is also necessary for the development of connective tissue and helps skin maintain structural integrity.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- As a base flavor for all savory dishes.
- Raw in dips and in salsas