Sweet Potato (Organic)
We use sweet potatoes exactly like white Potatoes. They can be boiled, mashed, baked, fried, added to soups, casseroles, and stews. They can help bulk out a meal and are delicious as chips, roasted, in a Spanish potato frittata, as a rosti or fritter with gooey eggs drizzling over the top.
- Sweet Potatoes are a good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Potassium, Manganese, and Dietary Fibre.
- Best Stored: In a dry place
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin B6 is found naturally in many foods. Your body needs vitamin B6 to help support more than 100 enzyme reactions involved in metabolism. It is also essential in brain development during pregnancy and infancy as well as immune function.
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- Manganese is an essential nutrient for your body to function! It helps process cholesterol, carbohydrates, protein and may also be involved in bone formation.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- Soups, stews, casseroles