Onion (Organic Red)
Red onions are slightly more glamorous to Brown Onions! They are sweeter, are less bitey so you can eat them raw and are great in Salsa's, Salads, sandwiches/wraps and Burgers!
- Onions are a good source of Vitamin C, Dietary Fibre, Folate. They also contain Calcium, Iron, and Quecertin.
- Best Stored: In a dry place
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- Folate is a B vitamin (These vitamins help the process your body uses to get or make energy from the food you eat). Folate helps your body make new cells and regenerate. It is essential for everyone but very important for pregnant women.
- Calcium is essential for building and maintaining bone. Almost 99% of the body's calcium is found in the bones.
- Iron is a mineral that is naturally present in many foods. It is an essential component of hemoglobin, a protein that transfers oxygen from the lungs to the tissues. Iron is necessary for growth, development, normal cellular functioning, and synthesis of some hormones and connective tissue
- Quercetin is a flavonoid. Quercetin helps to eliminate free radicals in the body, to inhibit low-density lipoprotein oxidation (an important reaction in atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease), to protect and regenerate vitamin E and combat the harmful effects of chelate metal ions.
- Raw / as is
- Stir Fried