- Beans are a great source of dietary fibre, vitamins A and C, Magnesium, Iron and Folate!
- Best Stored: In Fridge
- Can be eaten raw or cooked
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Folate is a B vitamin (These vitamins help the process your body uses to get or make energy from the food you eat). Folate helps your body make new cells and regenerate. It is essential for everyone but very important for pregnant women.
- Magnesium can help regulate muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure. It is also essential for making protein, bone, and DNA
- Iron is a mineral that is naturally present in many foods. It is an essential component of hemoglobin, a protein that transfers oxygen from the lungs to the tissues. Iron is necessary for growth, development, normal cellular functioning, and synthesis of some hormones and connective tissue
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
How to Eat!
- Raw / Cooked
- sauteed in butter and garlic
- The Lebanese style in rich tomato stew
- Stir fry...