We try and be plastic free wherever possible If purchasing a half unit, as part of a recurring subscription, a reusable silicone wrap will be used. These must be returned with the driver when your next delivery is made, otherwise, charges will apply.
- Cabbage is a rich source of dietary fibre, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. It also is a source of Vitamin B6, Folate, Manganese, Potassium, and Phosphorus.
- Best Stored: In Fridge
- Can be frozen
- Can be eaten raw, cooked or pickled.
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin K makes proteins for healthy bones and tissues and blood clotting.
- Vitamin B6 is found naturally in many foods. Your body needs vitamin B6 to help support more than 100 enzyme reactions involved in metabolism. It is also essential in brain development during pregnancy and infancy as well as immune function.
- Folate is a B vitamin (These vitamins help the process your body uses to get or make energy from the food you eat). Folate helps your body make new cells and regenerate. It is essential for everyone but very important for pregnant women.
- Manganese is an essential nutrient for your body to function! It helps process cholesterol, carbohydrates, protein and may also be involved in bone formation.
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- Phosphorus is needed for the formation of bones and teeth. It plays an important role in how the body uses carbohydrates and fats. It is also needed for the body to make protein for the growth, maintenance, and repair of cells and tissues.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
How to Eat!
- Make your own sauerkraut
- Stuffed Cabbage Wraps
- Stir Fry