Broccoli - the mother of veggies. She is a staple and for good reason. åÊShe's nurturing and exactly what you need when looking for comfort food!
- BroccoliåÊisåÊa great source of dietary fibre, vitamins C, E, Folate, andåÊBeta-Carotene!
- Best Stored:åÊIn Fridge
- Can be frozen
- Can be eaten raw, cooked or pickled. åÊThe whole plant can be eaten - especially the leaves which can be cooked like spinach!
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin B6 is found naturally in many foods. Your body needs vitamin B6 to help support more than 100åÊenzymeåÊreactions involved inåÊmetabolism. It is also essential in brain development during pregnancy and infancy as well asåÊimmune function.
- Vitamin EåÊis aåÊfat-solubleåÊnutrient.åÊ It acts as anåÊantioxidant, helping to protect cells from the damage caused byåÊfree radicals. Your body also needs vitamin E to boost itsåÊimmune systemåÊso that it can fight off invadingåÊbacteriaåÊandåÊviruses. It helps to widenåÊblood vesselsåÊand keep blood from clotting within them.
- Folate is a B vitamin (These vitamins help the process your body uses to get or make energy from the food you eat). Folate helps your body make new cells and regenerate. It is essential for everyone but very important for pregnant women.
- Beta carotene is an antioxidant that converts to vitamin A and plays a very important role in health. It‰۪s responsible for the red, yellow, and orange coloration of some fruits and veggies.
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly.åÊ It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- CalciumåÊis essential for building and maintaining bone. Almost 99% of the body'såÊcalciumåÊis found in the bones.
- Iron is a mineral that is naturally present in many foods.åÊ It is an essential component of hemoglobin, a protein that transfers oxygen from the lungs to the tissues. Iron is necessary for growth, development, normal cellular functioning, and synthesis of some hormones and connective tissue
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.
- Stir Fry