An Aussie staple! åÊCarrots are so versatile, sweet crunchy and delicious. åÊThey are great raw and cooked. You can't go wrong. åÊEven better don't peel these organic carrots as there is nothing but goodness toåÊbe had in every mouthful!
- Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A in the form of beta-carotene. They are also a good source of several B-vitamins, vitamin K, and potassium.
- Best Stored:åÊIn Fridge
- Can be frozen
- Can be eaten raw or cooked. åÊ
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- Beta Carotene is an antioxidant that converts to vitamin A and plays a very important role in health. It‰۪s responsible for the red, yellow, and orange coloration of some fruits and veggies.
- Biotin is of the B-vitamins, formerly known as vitamin H. It plays an important role in fat and protein metabolism
- Vitamin K makes proteins for healthy bones and tissues and blood clotting.
- Vitamin B6 is found naturally in many foods. Your body needs vitamin B6 to help support more than 100åÊenzymeåÊreactions involved inåÊmetabolism. It is also essential in brain development during pregnancy and infancy as well asåÊimmune function.
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin EåÊis aåÊfat-solubleåÊnutrient.åÊ It acts as anåÊantioxidant, helping to protect cells from the damage caused byåÊfree radicals. Your body also needs vitamin E to boost itsåÊimmune systemåÊso that it can fight off invadingåÊbacteriaåÊandåÊviruses. It helps to widenåÊblood vesselsåÊand keep blood from clotting within them.
- Folate is a B vitamin (These vitamins help the process your body uses to get or make energy from the food you eat). Folate helps your body make new cells and regenerate. It is essential for everyone but very important for pregnant women.
- Magnesium can help regulate muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure.åÊ It is also essential for making protein, bone, and DNA
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly.åÊ It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- Dietary Fibre, is important for a healthy bowel.