Cucumber (Organic Lebanese)
Sliced raw, on dainty cucumber & cheese sandwiches, pickled, added to salads, in Stir fry, Raita, in dips like tzatziki, salsas, chilled soups, on the eyes... So many uses for this wonderful crunchy and savory fruit!
- Cucumber is a good source of Vitamin A, B1 (thiamine) B2 (riboflavin) B3 (niacin) B5, B6, B9 (folate), B12, C, K, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese Potassium, and Zinc.
- Best Stored: In Fridge
- Can be eaten raw or cooked.
- Vitamin A is an antioxidant and helps with vision, bone growth, reproduction, cell function, and your immune system
- B1 (Thiamin) helps the body generate energy from nutrients. It is also necessary for the growth, development, and function of cells.
- B2 (Riboflavin) your body needs it to help break down carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. It also helps your body use oxygen.
- B3 (Niacin) is a B vitamin that's made and used by your body to turn food into energy. It helps keep your nervous system, digestive system and skin healthy.
- Vitamin B6 is found naturally in many foods. Your body needs vitamin B6 to help support more than 100 enzyme reactions involved in metabolism. It is also essential in brain development during pregnancy and infancy as well as immune function.
- Vitamin C is needed for the growth and repair of the tissues in all parts of your body.
- Vitamin K makes proteins for healthy bones and tissues and blood clotting.
- Calcium is essential for building and maintaining bone. Almost 99% of the body's calcium is found in the bones.
- Iron is a mineral that is naturally present in many foods. It is an essential component of hemoglobin, a protein that transfers oxygen from the lungs to the tissues. Iron is necessary for growth, development, normal cellular functioning, and synthesis of some hormones and connective tissue
- Magnesium can help regulate muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels, and blood pressure. It is also essential for making protein, bone, and DNA
- Manganese is an essential nutrient for your body to function! It helps process cholesterol, carbohydrates, protein and may also be involved in bone formation.
- Potassium is a mineral that your body needs to work properly. It helps to regulate your heartbeat and ensures your nerves function properly. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells.
- Zinc is a nutrient found throughout your body, helps your immune system and metabolism function. Zinc is also important to wound healing and your sense of taste and smell.
- In dips/Raita
- In cold Soups / Gazpacho
- In stir fry - sweet and sour for example