Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 Red Chilli's (Soaking in boiling water)
- 2 x Lemongrass Stalks (place green part aside and roughly chop white)
- 4 x Eschallots / Spring Onions (roughly Diced)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 2 -4 cloves garlic (roughly chopped)
- 2 Inches of Ginger (roughly diced)
- 2 Inches of Turmeric (roughly diced)
- 1 bunch of Coriander roots (rinsed and roughly diced)
- 500ml x Vegetable or Chicken Broth
- 500ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Coconut Sugar
- Juice of 1 x Lime
- 2 x Carrots Sliced
- 1 qtr Pumpkin Diced Roughly
- Tofu Diced in Cubes
- Protein of Choice
- Rice Noodles
- Bean Sprouts
- Fresh Coriander diced
- Fried Shaollots
- Add Paste Ingredients to Food Processor and blend to smooth paste
- Turn hotplate on med heat,
- In a large pot, add paste.
- Cook off paste for 10-15 mins.
- Add broth ingredients.
- Add hard vegetables and any protein i.e. chicken at this point.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 30mins
- Add tofu and rice noodles and cook for a further 5 mins
- Serve with bean sprouts, coriander and fried shallots!
- FEEL GOOD!